Thursday, September 28, 2006

Today's word is still "OUT"!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes we are still out, and still in shock. Yesterday was such a whirlwind of emotions. It was such an amazing day that I will never forget and I look forward to telling to Olivia someday.

The morning began with a call from the agency with more information on our previo. Turns out we were kicked out back in August. So we went back in August 16 not September. So that was good news and I was feeling positive that maybe we might get out in about 2 weeks. We also found out that our lawyer agreed we could go on another visit trip. Good news right.

Last night we came home from work as usual, ate some dinner, and Vinay's friend Dennis came over. I went upstairs to take a shower. Before getting in the shower the phone rang, I looked at the caller ID, a telemarketer. I just got in the shower. While in the shower I heard the phone ring. I figured another telemarketer. I got out of the shower, taking my time, and remembered about the phone. I look, it's my case manager from the agency. I think that weird, I just talked to her this morning. I didn't even think to listen to the message. I go downstairs. "Vinay the agency called, did you answer?"
"No"
" Should I call her back? What if it's bad"
"Just call" Vinay and Dennis said in unison.
I shake as I dial, see it could be good, it could be another previo, or it could be nothing.
She answers "Hi Nicole, You know how you said your family would send you on your visit trip"
"Yea" I say, all the while I'm thinking, oh this is about the visit trip. I start to shake my head no to Vinay
"Well when was your birthday?" she asks
"It was friday" I answer.
"Oh too bad, because this birthday present came late, your out of PGN"
"We're out?" was all I could get out before the tears started to stream down.
All I could say was thank you between sobs. I handed the phone to Vinay.
Vinay hugged me, Dennis hugged me, Vinay and Dennis hugged. Parker growled, because no one was paying attention to him. It's all a little blurry after that.
It's a moment I'll never forget. To feel such relief, such excitment, and such happiness was amazing.
I'm so happy Dennis was there to witness it. Thanks Dennis for being so happy for us and for being such a great friend to both of us.

Thanks to everyone for all their congratulations and the nice comments on yesterdays post.
Tomorrow I promise to post the next steps, and when we think we might travel.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I need a hug after this. I think I'll go hug Dennis. Jenene and I are so happy for you guys and can't wait to play with Liv. This child has no idea what she has waiting for her over here! I told my family and you would have thought another grandchild was born! They all can't wait to see her.

John

Anonymous said...

John hugged me while I was on my way to a meeting. I am totally freaked out. Then people saw us and strangers started to hug me. My boss's boss sees me being hugged, and now he is hugging me. What in the %$%$$% hell is going on???!!! Now I am totally freaking out!!!! AM I FIRED? DID SOMETHING HAPPEN? John says to read Nicole's blog and comments. Ok, now I am relieved, although now people at work think John and I are having an affair.........

Nicole and Vinay, it was thrilling just to be there and witness it all, it's these moments in life that bring the most joy.....