Thursday, June 14, 2007

Safety Wins

Thanks everyone for their suggestions on Liv's new car seat. I did some research and Britax seems to be the safest. I have some store credit at Babies R Us, otherwise we might have to take out another mortgage to buy the thing, boy is Britax expensive, and I hope to buy the new one next week.

One thing that was cheap was this pack and play for Liv to sleep in down the shore. I set it up in the office so she could get used to it, and she loves to play in it. Yesterday morning she played in there for about an hour. She kept pointing, so I thought she wanted out, but she just wanted me to give her more toys to play with in there. Then after lunch she was in there another 45 minutes. This worked out good for me since I was working on the favors for my sister-in-laws shower on Saturday. They really turned out cute. I'll post pictures of them and the gift after Saturday, since I know Vaishu reads this from time to time. You don't need to know everything Vaishu!!!!





Quietly playing in this no name play yard
"Mommy take this toy out and give me that one over there"
"I think I'll take my afternoon snack in here also, please show me the room service menu"

6 comments:

Kim said...

I'm glad Liv likes her new play area. I'm sure it made getting those favors done a lot easier. I hope the room service menu had some yummies on it!! :)

Ellie said...

I still haven't figured out how to get Angelena to like her play area... She cannot stand to be in one of those...

I guess that is 1 for Angelena 0 for mommy...

Then again... the Score is 10 for Angelena... 0 for mommy... I wonder if she is spoiled?

Ginger--Maya's mommy said...

Glad to see that is so content in her pack and play. She is just too cute.

Alleen said...

Wow, lucky you!! The novelty of the pack-n-play wore off around here months ago. I'm lucky to get 10 minutes in the morning before her energy has kicked in.

You can routinely get the Britax seats online cheaper than in BRU or Target if you look around, especially if your heart isn't set on a particular pattern. I really wanted the Ashley Floral, but when I was able to get a discontinued pattern that happens to match my carseats perfectly(I actually have a blog post tonight with a pic), I bought it for like $60 less, free shipping and no tax.

HollyGee said...

We don't even attempt the playpen anymore, it is now a storage area until Nino comes home. Try eBay for a Britax. I got Nino's for about $75 less than if I got it from BRU, that is including shipping. Plus you'll find more patterns on eBay.

HollyGee said...

I guess I should have read Alleen's comment first, she said almost the same exact thing as me.