Thursday, June 28, 2007

Babysitter

Last night we left Liv with a babysitter for the first time. One of Vinay's coworkers daughter does babysitting. I was worried at first when Vinay suggested it, but the girl is in college (Brown University) she is 20 years old, and has been babysitting for years. So I figured what's a few hours right. Well I was nervous when it came down to it. But still I made myself do it. She came about 6, and ate pizza with us while I fed Olivia. I showed her where everything was and then went to sit Liv down and of course she clung to me like a monkey. She has been doing this so much lately. Finally Liv loosed up and by about 7 was engaged with Lauren, the babysitter, long enough for us to sneak out the door. I know your not suppose to do that, but I didn't want her to see us go and then for her to cry.
We went to the movies, which we haven't done since Liv got home. We saw "Knocked Up", it was really funny, however I could only enjoy the first half of the movie, then I was getting antsy to get home. So what if I clutched my cell phone the entire time. All in all everyone did good. Liv was very good for Lauren and I think she really enjoyed playing with someone new.


I didn't take many pictures this week, but I did get a few shots of Liv's favorite toy. An old makeup bag of mine with some old make up that she love to play with.Luckily she can't get any of the makeup open.


"Mom this bag has some great things in it"
"This blush brush is my favorite"
"Let's see if I can leave one thing in each room so my Mom can go on a hunt for them later"

2 comments:

Ginger--Maya's mommy said...

Glad to hear the sitter things went well. You deserve a little break. Love the last picture!!!

Unknown said...

Hi--I happened upon your blog today, your little girl is so cute! I am leaving tomorrow to pick up my baby girl. I cannot wait!

Take care,
Donna