Friday, February 23, 2007

Must be all that paper!!!!!

At the Dr this week I found out that Olivia gained 4 ounces since our last visit 3 weeks ago. That makes her a whopping 16'8 ounces. She is also now 27 inches long, so she had a growth spurt. I feel a little better about her size now, and I have to try not to compare her size and weight to other babies. We all come in shapes and sizes and that is what makes up special.

Well my little goat is at it again. Since she no longer has access to any paper she has resorted to chewing her boardbooks. She now will use her bottom teeth to scrape off bits of the book.



Caught in the act, " But Mommy it tastes so good!"

Assessing the damage. I took this book away, and she started right on another one. So I had to put all these little books away. "Mommy if your going to hide the books than I'm going to find the stairs."
Yes today she finally discovered the stairs. All these months of crawling and she never went by them, but today I was on stair patrol. Daddy time to put up the gate!!!!!!!!!!

9 comments:

Tricia said...

Ohhhhhhh, Olivia is such a cutie! She is just precious!!

Sounds like she is growing nicely!

Anonymous said...

hey nik...

liv looks great! i feel your pain-- connor still eats books and he is almost 3!!! those little board ones are his favorite too...
love,
j

Crystal said...

Nikki--I am right there with you--Emma loves paper it seriously is her favorite thing!!! From price tags to Caleb's cards she will find it and eat it!!!:o) Caleb found a big chunk was gone out of one of his crazy eight cards and I don't know how she did that --I carry her everywhere with me!!! Kinda of funny!!!

I am so happy she is gaining!! She is just as adorable as she can be!!!!

Calico Sky said...

She is adorable!
I love her outfit.
I had to laugh, we spend all this money on good books to increase children's IQ and rates of literacy and all they want to do is eat them!
I guess I better invest in those bath books instead ;)

Kim said...

I've had to remove all of Alex's board books and just let him play with the cloth/plastic ones for the same reason. :) Also, Alex just found the stairs this week, also. :O

Alleen said...

Yep, another mommy to a paper lover here!

She's just adorable!!!

JuJu - said...

OOHHHHHH - she looks like such a big girl standing up at the stairs!!!!!! She is beautiful Nikki!

Julia:)

Ellie said...

Oh.... she is such a cutie... And I am glad she had a growth spurt... i actually think Angelena is in one now... More than like from all the paper and books that she likes to eat!!!!

HAHAHA

HUGS

Ellie said...

Oh.... she is such a cutie... And I am glad she had a growth spurt... i actually think Angelena is in one now... More than like from all the paper and books that she likes to eat!!!!

HAHAHA

HUGS