Friday, December 19, 2008

"Santa's watching you!!!"

I can't tell you how many times I have uttered those 3 words lately. We have been dealing with a bad case of toddler hood diva syndrome lately. The fact is the Santa threat does work. Liv will usually stop whatever it is she is doing and go off into the corner herself and then come back and tell me. "I happy Momma. Santa happy too" So she just works it our herself and then comes back by me when she is ready. Can someone tell me what I'm going to say after Christmas.

Actually Liv is only getting a few things this year because she doesn't really get Christmas yet. However every time we see a Santa, or she talks to him on the phone (Thanks Uncle John) she asks for the My Little Pony Amusement Park. It's funny because each time she see's a Santa she expects him to have it there with him. She doesn't get the whole presents under the tree thing yet.

We have been prepping for Christmas so here are some pictures from the last few weeks

Putting up the tree.
Liv loves the tree, she is always by it rearranging the ornaments.




Liv and Daddy helping with the garland.



Liv and I have also been baking. Here is Liv showing off the ones she made.




This one is for Santa.





Oops, we have had some accidents.






And we have been eating allot of cookie dough.

5 comments:

JuJu - said...

love it:)

Tracey said...

Bug doesn't "get it" either. But he is enjoying all the traditions, especially the sweet ones:) I love the "accident" pic...priceless!

And to comment on your last post, we decided to wait for Kade to decide IF he wants to find his bio-mom. I think about her all the time too. BUT I think that for us, finding a bio mom is a huge thing and everyone needs to be ready and willing. AND we talked about this in our newest Home Study, we have to be prepared for the fact that she may not want to "be found." Which could potentially devestate Bug, and we have to be there to pick up the pieces. Its a tough one, and not one answer is best! Let me know what you decide.

Carrie, Rich and the Kids said...

Liv is looking very grown up all of a sudden. We baked cookies too with a similar experience, but it was fun and I want to do it again.

Savannah is like Liv, starting to get it, but not quite. I am thinking by her birthday she will GET it!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year my dear friend. Maybe we can make some plans to meet up in the new year. I miss you!

Anonymous said...

Hey Liv, Tonight is the night to get to bed early and wait until you wake up in the morning! Mom and Dad will no doubt be more excited enjoying your Christmas gift excitement.(HINT-Liv-play with the toys,not the boxes they came in,Santa spent money on the toys!!) Have a wonderful time and enjoy all the season has to offer with your great family! Les,Bene's mom-grandma to 2 two legged and 2 four legged grandkiddies/doggies.

Susie said...

Nikki,you and I have the same idea about baking cookies...its best out of the tub! :) Cooking in general is not my thing, but I can decorate for a party all day long. Looking forward to seeing if Liv got her Pretty Pony Castle. Blessings and Happy New Year, Susie