Tuesday, October 09, 2007

A crappy weekend, nice weather, and preparing for LIVapalooza

Well the weather was so nice this weekend. But Liv's cold got vicious, and so did she. The poor girl must have cried more this weekend, than she has in the past 3 months. Luckily by Monday she was feeling better. However I was bummed that we had to miss Guatoberfest, and I was sure we were missing all sorts of fun.
So this week I am gearing up for Livapalooza. What is that you say? Well I couldn't decide weather to celebrate just our "Gotcha day" or the day that we had our embassy appt, or the day Liv came home. So we decided to celebrate them all and that's when the idea for Livapalooza came about. So the celebration will start on Friday Oct 12, the day Liv was placed in our arms forever and will continue till Oct 17 the day Olivia entered the USA and finally met all her friends and family. I don't have all the details ironed out yet, but I do have a few ideas that will include a Guatemalan cheese cake, kite flying, It's kite flying season in Guat and we got one while we were there, and Liv finally wearing her outfits we bought her last year. Yes my baby girl is almost home 1 year and we are celebrating it to no end.

Here are a few random pictures to enjoy.

Swimming, yes swimming on Columbus Day. Just insert me on that lounge chair and that is how we spent our summer.
Liv will be a butterfly for Halloween, here is a preview.
That is the hat for the costume. Ignore how bad I look, but take note of the kicking tan I still have. I heart Indian summer.

3 comments:

JuJu - said...

luvin that butterfly hat gilry - ONLY you could pull that off!LOL!!!

JUlia:)

Guatemama said...

I love Liv in the costume! Very cute. What a great idea Livapaloza is! Happy almost one year home!

Ginger--Maya's mommy said...

That sounds like an awesome way to celebrate!! Can't wait to hear more about it and see all of the pictures.