Thursday, September 20, 2007

They have a shot for that!

Yesterday was Olivia's 15 month Dr. appt. She is finally 20 pounds, yipppeeeeee. We are a month late in going because I didn't want her to get any shots before Vaishu's wedding. Which I still don't have any pictures of Liv or our family yet, but I will. Because I knew she would get sick from the shots, and she did. This month it was the chickenpox's vaccine. Were the chickenpox's really that bad that they need a vaccine. As I recall, besides the itching, they were not that bad, and hey you got a week or two off from school. I'm all for immunizing our children from dangerous illnesses, but have we gone too far?
Of course I complied and today my baby was out of sorts all day. Hope it doesn't last too long



Relaxing in Mommy's bed while I put some laundry away.
So sleepy and flush with fever, but yet she has been fighting sleep.
Look at her little legs, she is finally 29 and a half inches

6 comments:

Kim said...

Poor thing! And she is a little peanut!!! Alex was barely 21 pounds at his 15 month appointment. We've been trying to beef him up - but it's not working. ;)

Mackenzie's Forever Family said...

Poor baby girl. THose mean ol' doctors with their mean ol' shots.

Megan

Ginger--Maya's mommy said...

Poor thing!!! I dread that in a month.

Sharon and Olivia Grace said...

Awww! That's no fun having to get shots that make you sick. I hope they at least gave her a lollipop or sticker for being good :-)
She is beautiful even with a fever!

Sharon

Carrie, Rich and the Kids said...

That is the saddest little look. Poor Liv! It is terrible that things that protect you in the future have to make you feel yucky now.

My hubby is a family physician and he says the chicken pox vaccine is more important even to prevent shingles in the future, which is very painful.

Luckily Savannah has not had any reaction to her vaccination but we go for her 18 month visit next week and I always dread her being poked and proded. We know it is for their own good and but it is still hard for mommy's to see their babies like that.

Crystal said...

hey you!!! I miss your sweet Little Liv!!! How sweet is this?!! I have to take Sophie in a month to get her 15 month shots --yikes! I have missed you guys!!!! hugs to you Nikki!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! xoxoxx