Sunday, January 21, 2007

Warning psycho Mom at work

Well it official the tears have started and I don't know how I'm going to leave my Liv and go on this trip. Up until last night I have tried to put it out of my mind, or to focus on the good points, more time for Liv with her Grandma's, Me having a tan in January, and did I mention the trip includes a spa treatment for both Vinay and I. But all that gets over shadowed by how much I'm going to miss my girl. Yesterday I was voicing my concerns to my Mom and she said "Actually I'm surprised your going, with her being here only 3 months." So I gave my Mom these reasons for going
1) I owe it to Vinay. On last years trip I came down with the shingles on day 2 of the trip, we had to come home. The year before that I didn't go, because I couldn't get off work, so Vinay had to go alone when all his colleagues had their spouses. So I want him to have fun, he works hard all year, and he is really looking forward to it.
2) I owe it to my Marriage. Everyone knows that having children changes your relationship, and I want to make time for just Vinay and I.
3) I owe it to myself. See reason # 1, Oh and did I mention the free spa treatment.

So my Mom understood and said have a good time Liv will be fine. So all day I wrote out Liv's schedule, her menu, I posted little reminders for her Grandma's (My mom will be here Wed-Fri, Vinay's from Fri-Sun). So I will make myself go on this trip. I will fight back the tears, and trust that my baby will be well taken care of, even if it's not exactly how I do it. Wish me Luck, I'm gonna need it to get on that plane.






Mommy, I'll help you pack! Hey I might fit in here, can I come?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm actually kinda jealous that you're going. it sounds great. I would miss emily too, so I can see how you're all emotional. I get all weirded out just when Mike takes her up to see his mother without me because I have rehearsal. it will go too fast anyway. the plane ride there and back will probably be the worst part. enjoy going away like this. most people don't get these ops and on top of that they don't have reliable family to watch their kids. You go, girl!
kwis

Kim said...

I can totally understand. It will be hard. I hope you can relax and enjoy the trip. I can't wait to hear all about it - I'm kind of jealous!!

Alleen said...

I hope you are able to enjoy the trip. I have to admit, while I'd miss Gabriella terribly, I would actually welcome a couple of responsibility-free days.

JuJu - said...

You live it up and have a blast for all of us! Bryan and I are getting away for a three day trip the first weekend in FEB and I can't wait! I will not be sad for a minute because I know I will come back a rested, relaxed better Mom than I was when I left!And I will love having my hubby ALL to myself!Woo-Hooo! I personally am looking forward to that part BIG TIME:)

Have a ball - Liv will be fine!

Julia

Crystal said...

I LOVE this picture!!!! so so so precious!!! By now you have probably gone!! I know-- I can so relate to everything you said --but she will be fine!!! And you two-- sip some marguirita's sp? and sit and watch the ocean!!! I hope you both had a great time!!!!