Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Just like all those years ago.

When Olivia first came home in 2006, my main concern was would she bond to me. I was so worried about bonding, I read every book and article I could find on bonding and the adopted child. I remember those first few weeks home she would cry but not for me. She was just crying to be fed or held but not for me. Then we both came down with the cold of the century!!! Coughing, sneezing, fever. Her and I sick together. I cared for her day and night. When we both finally felt better I went to leave the house to run to the store, Liv began to cry. I went over to her. She stopped crying. I went to leave again and the crying started up again. She was crying for me, crying for her Momma. I was finally her Mom.
Being sick together again this week reminded me of that cold we shared 3 years ago. And yup we are still bonding.

Liv and I sick Decemeber 2006.

No comments: