Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Still here, still disconnected, but with an urgent message

Now that Guatemala has halted adoptions there is nowhere for the orphans to go. Babies are being left in grocery stores, children roam the streets looking for food. People who had orphanages and cared for these children have sent the kids away or simply put them on the streets and closed their doors because they are not making money any more.

My friends Julia and Kerry have started a missionary called Global Orphan Team and right now they are focused on the orphans of Guatemala. GOT has already made two trips to Guatemala and distributed countless items and food to the orphans.

She said that the orphanages she went to didn't even ask for clothes or toys or toiletries. They need food just to keep these children alive.Global Orphan Team is giving me the chance to help these children. All of the money you donate will go towards helping these children survive. They are a non-profit organization and can give you a receipt for any donation that you make.Please go to JuJu's Blog and read her post and seriously consider donating. I don't like asking people to donate money but this is something that I truley support and will support forever. These ladies are doing something amazing.

I often think of what Liv's life would be like if she had not been adopted. Would she be living on the street, begging for money. Or would she be with her older brother and sister scavanging through the garbage dump trying to find food. Luckly we'll never know, but for thousands of children this is their reality.
So please empty your jar of change, and donate it. Or use your weekly coffee money, every little bit helps!!!

http://www.globalorphanteam.com/

3 comments:

JuJu - said...

there are no words to tell you how much it means to have our dear friends and sisters through adoption come along beside us and join our hands in this fight to save the precious children of Guatemala:) Thank you for being such a vital part of the team that is Global Orphan Team:)
To do all that needs to be done - we need a strong team of people that are willing to stand up and fight for those with no voice. I love you and your family is so precious - you have such a beautiful heart and I thank God for selfless people like you:) Thanks again for getting the word out and being a part of the team:)

HollyGee said...

Hey Nikki,

I know it has got to be eating away at you like it is eating away at me. I feel so helpless about the whole situation. I don't feel like I'm doing enough. These kids need SO MUCH! I'm going to do whatever it takes to give some of these children hope and a full belly.

:)Holly

Ellie said...

MS. Nikki~

I am right there with you...

I am posting this on my blog too!~

GO JUJU and KERRY!~

Love you all~!